Re: QA & A11y question: new w3c validator interface

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 19:19:10 +0100
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
CC: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>, "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>, wai-xtech@w3.org, www-validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>

olivier Thereaux wrote:

> For the options toggling, we are using the mootools framework's slideOut
> and slideIn routines, I can send them a suggestion to make sure that
> slideOut() properly forces display:none;.

I'm a relative novice to mootools myself, but from what I can see in the
documentation, slideIn/slideOut accept all Fx.Base options.

As part of those, you can set functions for onStart and onComplete. I'd
say that these could be used to basically keep the current effect, but
toggle another function that flips the display from none to block as
part of the onStart of slideOut, and switches display back to none for
the slideIn...

Hope that made some kind of sense...

Patrick H. Lauke