Re: Invalid documents coming back as valid

Hi Ben,

let's see if we can help you sort out the installation issues.

On Aug 16, 2007, at 06:18 , Benjamin Higgins wrote:
> Comparing the errors, I see immediately that all of mine begin with
> "XML
> Parsing Error:".  It looks like w3c's output includes all of those
> errors, but has many more, for example, things like "required
> attribute
> FOO not specified".

This means that the XML parser does report its errors, but the DTD
base parser (opensp + SGML::Parser::OpenSP) does not.

A few questions:
* which version of the validator do you have?

* when did you download SGML::Parser::OpenSP from CVS?
The latest CVS version calls itself 0.100, I think
http://spo.cvs.sourceforge.net/spo/spo/lib/SGML/Parser/OpenSP.pm?
revision=1.33&view=markup

* any error in your web server logs that would help figure out why
opensp messages don't get through?

* can you try running onsgmls (the binary for opensp) as follows?

onsgmls -wxml -wvalid -s -c [validator]/htdocs/sgml-lib/xml.soc <
[validator]/htdocs/dev/tests/xhtml-print_1_0-invalid.xhtml

replacing [validator] with the path to your validator install.

> Anyone know what this indicates?
>
> Here's what I have installed:
>
> perl 5.8.5
> libxml2 2.6.29
> OpenSP 1.5.1
> SGML::Parser::OpenSP (latest from CVS, reports 0.99)
> XML::LibXML 1.63

Thanks,
--
olivier