Re: font-size and XHTML 1.1

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:33:21 +0900
Cc: www-validator@w3.org, AndreasPrilop2006@trashmail.net
To: Martin Kliehm <martin.kliehm@bluemars.net>

Dear Martin,

This discussion is indeed off-topic, as it belongs more to a
usability/accessibility forum than this one. Regardless, I am sure
Andreas meant well when he raised his disagreement, in a rather
passionate manner.

On Sep 20, 2006, at 09:25 , Martin Kliehm wrote:
>  And what's "not reader-friendly" when using "font-size: 86%"?

My understanding is that using a font-size below 1em, or 100%, which
is generally the basic font size the user has chosen as a preference,
means that you will make text arbitrarily smaller than what the user
is comfortable with, with all the usability and accessibility issues
that implies. The choice of a small font size should be, if not
avoided, at least made after very careful consideration.

Thank you,
--
olivier