Re: [VE][108] Error Message: XHTML Role Attribute

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:25:33 +0900
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: Andreas Prilop <AndreasPrilop2006@trashmail.net>

Dear Andreas,

While I agree that font-size: 86% is not something I would recommend,
and while I'm sure we all appreciate your passionate contribution to
this mailing-list, I would like to recommend the use of a more
diplomatic and didactic tone, rather than confrontational.

For instance, instead of what you wrote:
> You are clueless!
> What's the point of XHTML 1.1 with the stupid "font-size: 86%"?

I would suggest:
1) stating politely your opinion that XHTML 1.1 may not be the wisest
choice for today's Web documents
2) explain why you think font-size: 86% is a bad idea, or point to a
resource explaining why, such as http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/font-size

Harsh words do not fix cluelessness, they just add layers of
frustration to it. That is *not* the kind of outcome this mailing-
list is designed for.

Thank you,
--
olivier