Re: Unknown Parse Mode! in form submission

Frank Ellermann wrote:
> Neerav Modi wrote:
>
>> I receive the following error or warning:
>
>> =======Error =======
>> Unknown Parse Mode!
>
>> The MIME Media Type () for this document is used to serve
>> both SGML and XML based documents, and it is not possible to
>> disambiguate it based on the DOCTYPE Declaration in your
>> document. Parsing will continue in SGML mode.
>> =======End error=======
>
> Beats me, you clearly say XML, there should be no question
> about the "parse mode".

The problem is that the validator doesn't use the XML declaration as its
trigger to use XML mode.  It uses the DOCTYPE and switches to XML mode
for known XML DOCTYPEs.  In this case, the WAPFORUM XHTML DOCTYPE is
unknown.

> Manipulating the content-type in your meta doesn't help -

Of course not, the meta element is absolutely useless for specifying
anything but the character encoding, and then only for HTML, never for XML.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/