Re: Unknown Parse Mode! in form submission

From: Neerav Modi <neerav@sayni.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 12:56:34 +0530
To: www-validator@w3.org
Cc: lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au

[I am not receiving replies to this group, cannot find a signup, and
unable to reply from the web archives, so I hope this works.  Though a
CC: in replies would be appreciated, I will continue to check the
archives for a couple more days.]

mobile phone profile, so I would like to think so, but that doesn't
make it so.  I have managed to validate other xhtml-mp pages which are
directly accessible through the web, which sends the MIME type.  That
would substanciate the fact that the DTD is correct.

===========
 The document located at <http://somedomain.com/sompage.php>  was
checked and found to be valid -//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN.
This means that the resource in question identified itself as
"-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN" and that we successfully
performed a formal validation using an SGML or XML Parser (depending
on the markup language used).

So the conclusion based on the replies in this thread:  the mime type
is required for xml documents, and thus only the direct URL validation
will work for xhtml-mp pages until the validator is upgraded to use
other information in the document to determine xml mode.  Is that
correct?

--
Neerav