Re: Error Message Feedback

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:02:34 +0100
To: Laura Wright <snandlra@earthlink.net>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 03:47:07PM -0400, Laura  Wright wrote:

>    I have been trying to get my index page validated for some
>    time. I have finally cleaned up errors via my own validator
>    (Dreamweaver) and attempted to run it through the W3C
>    validator. It continues to tell me I am omitting things like
>    quotation marks or brackets when they are there in the script.  I
>    am polishing up the index page of my web site and will publish
>    later on today (6-26-2006). The address is
>    www.laurawrites.net.

Running the URL through the validator, I see 7 missing alt attributes,
a non-SGML character, and a bunch of errors because the document ends
in the middle of an iframe opening tag.

No mention of missing quotation marks or brackets.

(I read the mailing list, please direct responses there and do not CC
me. Thanks.)