Re: [VE][108] XHTML deprecated frame attributes

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 08:17:53 +0000
To: Ben Sutcliffe <bsutcliffe.77@gmail.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 07:34:47PM -0000, Ben Sutcliffe wrote:

>    This is all very well, but I am using a set of variables for the new
>    javascript way to add Flash to web pages using Dreamweaver. W3C are
>    trying to tell me not to add a height attribute to javascript-

The <script> element doesn't have a height attribute, it doesn't make
sense for it to have a height attribute, and there is no way the
validator should require a height attribute.

>    but if I don't my Flash isn't going to be very visible. I get 7
>    errors- all of thwem because W3C needs to update the system.

I suspect that it has less to do with the W3C needing to update the
system and more to do with you needing to read
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.8 and
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#C_4 (probably along with