From: www-validator-request@w3.org [mailto:www-validator-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of olivier Thereaux
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2006 4:54 AM
To: Edgar Gonzalez
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Subject: Re: [Feed Validation Service] Error using FeedValidator to
validate Atom Feed

Hello Edgar,

On Aug 17, 2006, at 23:42 , Edgar Gonzalez wrote:
> I got an error using FeedValidation (http://validator.w3.org/feed/) to

> validate an Atom feed.
>
> When I use the "Validate by Direct Input" option to validate an Atom
> feed, I got this message:
>
> "An error occurred while trying to validate this feed."

OK, I'll look into this.

> If I try using the SOAP API, I got this response:
[snip]
> File "/home/ot/feedvalidator/src/feedvalidator/__init__.py",

This is... odd. What server are you using the API through? It looks like
you're connecting to our development server, because the file paths on
validator.w3.org are different.

> BTW, the validation of an Atom feed via "Validate by URL" option works

> fine, and validation of RSS feed via both "Validate by Direct Input"
> or SOAP API also works fine.
>
> A few months ago the Atom feed validation works fine. Maybe something
> changed?

Not sure, I know that the parts of the code about direct input, and
the soap API, haven't changed at all in the past months, but the
codebase has, as Sam Ruby has been maintaining the feedbalidator
software very diligently. I'll give the debug trace a look and see
with Sam if we can figure out what's going on.

Thanks!
--
olivier

Dikkat:
Bu elektronik posta mesaji kisisel ve ozeldir. Eger size gonderilmediyse lutfen gondericiyi bilgilendirip mesaji siliniz.Firmamiza gelen ve giden mesajlar virus taramasindan gecirilmekte, guvenlik nedeni ile kontrol edilerek saklanmaktadir.Mesajdaki gorusler  gondericiye ait olup HAVELSAN A.S. resmi gorusu olmak zorunda degildir.

Attention:
This e-mail message is private and privileged.If you are not the recipient for whom this e-mail message is intended, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail message from your system.All sent and received e-mail messages go through a virus scan in our company, and because of security reasons, they are stored after being controlled.Any opinions presented in this e-mail message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent HAVELSAN A.S.'s formal and authorized views.