[Feed Validation Service] Error using FeedValidator to validate Atom Feed

From: Edgar Gonzalez <edgargonzalez@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:54:13 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org

Olivier,

Thanks for answer.

I got the error using SOAP API with rawdata.

I detect the error using the FeedValidator Ruby/Rails lib. My RSS
feeds was proceesed fine but the Atom feeds doesn't.

So, I tested the W3C service. First via the web interfaces
(http://validator.w3.org/feed/) and I got errors using "Validate by
Direct Input":

"An error occurred while trying to validate this feed."

I tryed with several Atom feeds (in particual http://rubycorner.com ),
I copy+paste the Atom feed served in the textarea ("Validate by Direct
Input")

And for a quick test of the SOAP part, I make a single html form:

<form action="http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi" method="post">
<input type="hidden" value="1" name="manual" />
<input type="hidden" value="soap12" name="output" />
<textarea name="rawdata" id="rawdata" rows="12" cols="75"></textarea>
<input type="submit" value="Check" />
</form>

regards,

--