Validate with Page Authoring Tool

From: Alec Sammon <alec.s@talk21.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:50:07 +0100
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Hey all,

I'm building a Web Page Authoring Tool using php, and would like to somehow
include a xhtml validator.

The idea would be that the person editing the page would be able to run the
validator before publishing the page, if any errors are found it would
display these in a simple way, if none are found it would publish the page.

I'm currently writing a script that will send the page as postdata straight
to http://validator.w3.org/check, then check the output of the page, and
display the results.

Are there any problems with me doing this?

The other option would be to include a script to validate it, does anyone
know if there are already ones? Or will I have to write it myself? If so how
would I go about it?

Cheers

Alec