Error message feedback: XHTML with other XML namespaces/issues.

From: Thomas Whaples <tom@eh.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 20:53:48 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hey. I was checking my site...
     http://fennecfoxen.org/

It's generated with some XML/XSLT scripting which I threw together and is
entirely nonspecial. Anyway, I use some namespaces, and part of my
document ends up something like this.

       xmlns:c="http://fennecfoxen.org/pyx/cms">

The validator chokes on xmlns:c. So, I checked the W3 specs, and saw
"Section 3.1.2. Using XHTML with other namespaces" --

"The XHTML namespace may be used with other XML namespaces as per [XMLNS],
although such documents are not strictly conforming XHTML 1.0 documents as
defined above. Work by W3C is addressing ways to specify conformance for
documents involving multiple namespaces."

I think a message about this state of affairs could be helpful in
some way, more so than 'there is no attribute "xmlns:c"'. I would also
welcome some sort of tenative validity state to describe documents of this
sort, perhaps, maybe.

----