Re: Error message feedback: XHTML with other XML namespaces/issues.

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:23:21 +0200
To: Thomas Whaples <tom@eh.net>
CC: www-validator@w3.org
Thomas Whaples wrote:

> It's generated with some XML/XSLT scripting which I threw together and
> is entirely nonspecial. Anyway, I use some namespaces, and part of my
> document ends up something like this.

>       xmlns:c="http://fennecfoxen.org/pyx/cms">

There is no need for such decalaration as you are not using prefix "c"
in your XHTML code. You can disable output of such declarations by using
exclude-result-prefixes attribute on xsl:stylesheet.

> I think a message about this state of affairs could be helpful in some
> way, more so than 'there is no attribute "xmlns:c"'. I would also
> welcome some sort of tenative validity state to describe documents of
> this sort, perhaps, maybe.

You can use Relaxed validator (http://badame.vse.cz/validator/) which
offers several validation modes, including modes that allow/disallow
elements from other namespaces than XHTML.

                    Nejbližší termíny školení:
      ** XSLT 13.-16.3.2006 ** XML schémata 24.-26.4.2006 **
        ** DocBook 15.-17.5.2006 ** XSL-FO 12.-13.6.2006 **
   http://xmlguru.cz    Blog mostly about XML for English readers