Re: Error in validator?

From: Benjamin Niemann <pink@odahoda.de>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 01:36:36 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

Frank Ellermann wrote:

> Benjamin Niemann wrote:
>
>> Another reason why authors should be advised to use only
>> SYSTEM="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd" -
>> anything else is either a typo or chances are high that the
>> validator does not do what the author expects.
>
> Obviously we arrive at different solutions for the same issue,
> I'd try...
> http://validator.w3.org/sgml-lib/REC-xhtml1-20020801/xhtml1-strict.dtd
> ...or for my 1.1 flat example...
> http://validator.w3.org/sgml-lib/REC-xhtml11-20010531/xhtml11-flat.dtd

Why would you want to use these URIs? These are just 'implementation
details' of the validator and may change at any time for any reason.
Of course you *can* use them, and if you know what you are doing you will
simply ignore the potential warning issued by the validator. But many
people are not so aware of the effects of their doing...

--
Benjamin Niemann
Email: pink at odahoda dot de