Re: Error in validator?

Benjamin Niemann wrote:

> Another reason why authors should be advised to use only
> SYSTEM="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd" -
> anything else is either a typo or chances are high that the
> validator does not do what the author expects.

Obviously we arrive at different solutions for the same issue,
I'd try...
http://validator.w3.org/sgml-lib/REC-xhtml1-20020801/xhtml1-strict.dtd
...or for my 1.1 flat example...
http://validator.w3.org/sgml-lib/REC-xhtml11-20010531/xhtml11-flat.dtd

Oops, and that says that it is version 1.20, my local copy is
version 1.1 ;-)  But version 1.20 also has this comment with
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "xhtml11.dtd>

Even the filename xhtml11-flat.dtd won't match.  But it's no
nonsense, see also (fragment won't work with legacy browers):

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/xhtml11_dtd.html#a_xhtml11_catalog

                             Bye, Frank