Re: Error in validator?

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:35:54 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

Benjamin Niemann wrote:

> Another reason why authors should be advised to use only
> SYSTEM="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd" -
> anything else is either a typo or chances are high that the
> validator does not do what the author expects.

Obviously we arrive at different solutions for the same issue,
I'd try...
...or for my 1.1 flat example...

Oops, and that says that it is version 1.20, my local copy is
version 1.1 ;-)  But version 1.20 also has this comment with
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "xhtml11.dtd>

Even the filename xhtml11-flat.dtd won't match.  But it's no
nonsense, see also (fragment won't work with legacy browers):

                             Bye, Frank