Re: HTML Validator install on Linux Help

Hello Ketan,

Nick apparently forwarded your request to our list, where we deal with
validator issues.

On Jan 19, 2005, at 22:18, Ketan Patel wrote:
> I am a Windows guy. I am very much intrested in installing HTML
> validator script on my Linux vitual hosting server I have. I am slowly
> moving towards Linux web development. I am not yet comfortable with
> installation and unzipping files on Linux. Please can you help in
> guidance to install the HTML Validator script on my linux machine.

In spite of our efforts, the markup validator is not an extremely easy
tool to install, especially if you are still learning the basics of
Linux administration.

If you are using a linux distribution for which validator packages are
available [1][2] (Debian GNU/Linux and Fedora Core / Red Hat Linux) you
can probably give it a try, otherwise I would not recommend it unless
you have prior experience of installing tools with many dependencies.

[1] http://validator.w3.org/source/#rpm
[2] http://validator.w3.org/source/#deb

Regards,
--