Error Message Feedback: Unknown Parse Mode!

From: Vuffi Raa <vuffi-raa@starwarsmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:08:40 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

Validating

Hi,
I just used the validator for my site
http://www.starwars-web.de/vuffi-raa/index.htm . As I expected, there
weren't any problems and the page was declared valid. But one thing was
new, though.
Above the message:

"This Page Is Valid -//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Strict//EN!"

there was a paragraph:

"Unknown Parse Mode!
The MIME Media Type (|text/html|) for this document is used to serve
both SGML and XML based documents, and it is not possible to
disambiguate it based on the |DOCTYPE| Declaration in your document.
Parsing will continue in SGML mode."

I don't think that is a serious problem, since the validator used SGML
mode automatically, but nevertheless I'm interested how I have to change
my |DOCTYPE| Declaration that it is no longer impossible to disambiguate
the mode.
So I hope it doesn't require to much effort to explain to me what I have
to do about that.

Yours sincerely,

Marcus Weber