Re: Error Message Feedback: Unknown Parse Mode!

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 08:08:40PM +0200, Vuffi Raa wrote:

> "This Page Is Valid -//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Strict//EN!"

> "Unknown Parse Mode!

> So I hope it doesn't require to much effort to explain to me what I have
> to do about that.

As far as I know, the validator determines which mode to use for
text/html based on an internal database (since there is no other
way). You just have to use a Doctype that it recognises rather then
using one it doesn't in combination with a URL.

... is the correct Doctype for HTML 4.01 Strict documents. Note that
it doesn't include the word "Strict" in the public identifier.