validation fail

From: rod welch <rod.welch@kolumbus.fi>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 16:01:41 +0300
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

Keep getting this message....  Don't understand the problem... I'm pretty
new to all this....

Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because its content type is
text/plain, which is not currently supported by this service.
The Content-Type field is sent by your web server (or web browser if you use
the file upload interface) and depends on its configuration. Commonly, web
servers will have a mapping of filename extensions (such as ".html") to MIME
Content-Type values (such as text/html).
That you recieved this message can mean that your server is not configured
correctly, that your file does not have the correct filename extension, or
that you are attempting to validate a file type that we do not support yet.
In the latter case you should let us know that you need us to support that
content type (please include all relevant details, including the URL to the
standards document defining the content type) using the instructions on the
Feedback Page.

This is what I'm trying to validate...

Using file upload interface, file is saved as .htm, using IE6 sp2 & XPHome
sp2. Do I need to configure IE? What and How??

Roderick Welch