Suggestion

From: Chad Levy <chad.levy@wigglesandwaggles.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:31:30 -0700
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
One suggestion I have is in regard to how the Intenet works as a whole.  It is really not possible to create a site that everyone can view properly unless we use the HTML 3 specifications, which is highl limited.  One thing a lot of developers do is place elements from different versions of HTML in their code, for instance margintop, marginwidth, topmargin, and leftmargin in the BODY tag, so that older versions of IE and Netscape may display the page properly.  Another instance is a document types as XHTML Transitional including the height and width attibutes.  The validator will not approve the page, yet the page will be viewable by more people.  One suggestion I would have is have the validator not only validate for a specific docutype, but also test other docutypes, so that the developer may know just who their site can be viewed by.

Just a suggestion

Chad Levy