charset

From: Deon Meyer <dmeyer@centricity.co.za>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:09:20 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="EUC-JP" ?>
<!DOCTYPE html
		PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
		"DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd" >

This is my doc type and all that stuff. I get note about charset

This is the note:
The HTTP Content-Type header sent by your web browser (unknown) did not
contain a "charset" parameter, but the Content-Type was one of the XML
text/* sub-types (text/xml). The relevant specification (RFC 3023
<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt>) specifies a strong default of
"us-ascii" for such documents so we will use this value regardless of any
encoding you may have indicated elsewhere. If you would like to use a
different encoding, you should arrange to have your browser send this new
encoding information.
how should my charset look like and where should I put it in my code?

Thanks

Regards
Deon