Re: charset

Deon Meyer wrote:

> how should my charset look like and where should I put it in
> my code?

Your document is probably fine, verify this with the "upload
file" interface.  If that's valid your problem is your server,
it sends a Content-Type: text/xml (or similar) without charset.

You can test this with a header check like Delorie's
<http://www.delorie.com/web/headers.html>

The server of my ISP sends Content-Type: text/html without a
charset.  This variant works with the validator, it then uses
the charset of <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
                     content="text/html; charset=us-ascii" />

There's no <?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii" ?> in my
XHTML 1.0 documents, let alone a conflicting encoding.

                     Bye, Frank