[VE][388] New Error Message Suggestion

From: Laurent Blume <laurent.blume@infores.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:22:09 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

I'm having troubles with the validator, on pages that successfully
validated as XHTML 1.0 Strict a few days ago, and now have numerous errors.

Basically, it seems the validator is now taking JavaScript code, that
was previously rightfully ignored.
Since the validator was updated a few days ago, my guess is that its
behaviour changed during that update.

Here is an example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<script type="text/javascript"><!--

var testAmpersand = "This & that";

On that code, I get errors like:

Line 15, column 6: multiple comments in comment declaration

Line 17, column 26: character "&" is the first character of a delimiter
but occurred as data
var testAmpersand = "This & that";

Hope this helps,

Laurent Blume