Re: [VE][64] Error Message Feedback

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:05:48 +0200
To: Nox <noxlady@yahoo.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

* Nox wrote:
>The test page in question is located at

May http://www.alistapart.com/articles/doctype/ gives some help here,
your document does not use frames, so declaring the fragement document
type is a bad idea, rather use e.g.

There is also a typo in the type attribute value of the link element,
it should be "text/css". Then your document should pass the Validator.

>1: Character Encoding (argh!) Is this something I should be including
>in the code of my pages, or is this something that my IP should be
>doing and isn't? What can I do to make the validator happy about my

Maybe http://www.w3.org/International/O-charset can help you.
provides a more detailed discussion. Or just copy

after your <head> start-tag and revisit this later.