Re: Custom DTD for case-insensitive ID values ?

"Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi> wrote in message

> > The key information "not valid" is there.
>
> So you mean it is essentially correct in saying that a valid document is
> not valid?

We have nothing but your assertion that it was valid, I'm afraid whilst I
have a lot of trust in you, your failure to provide a URL of the document in
question, isn't very productive, are we supposed to randomly produce
documents until we also manage to trip the bug?

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cs.tut.fi%2F%7Ejkorpela%2Fhtml%2Fval.html
> The document itself is
> and the validator happily reports:
> "This Page Is Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional!"

This isn't a demo of your previous bug "report" I requested - that report
was:

| Interestingly, the W3C "markup validator" then says that
| "This page is not Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional!"
| followed by a source listing. I know that this is its odd way of telling
| that the page validates, but I'm afraid novices will be thoroughly
| confused.

That that the validator reported it as _not valid_ when the document was,
your above example only demonstrates the HTML.Version feature/bug, which I
certainly knew about, indeed I'd reported it a year or so ago.  Do you have
the test case for the "valid document which is reported as invalid without
the list of reasons", that is the interesting bug to me.  The other's a
feature, although one perhaps worth changing (although I don't think so,
probably just documenting as you were obviously unaware of it - with
documents served as text/html it doesn't seem unreasonable to use the
entity.)

Jim.