Re: Custom DTD for case-insensitive ID values ?

"Philip TAYLOR [PC336/H-XP]" <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk> wrote in message
> Well, the only access required to these IDs is for the "visibility"
> attribute of their associated DIVs to be toggled by JavaScript.
> Since JS /is/ case sensitive

but the name/id is not JS, so the case-sensitivity of the javascript is
irrelevant to the question in hand, if HTML says name="test" and name="Test"
are the same, then javascript DOM's are free to treat them the same, and you
will meet a browser that does.  I think it's unlikely that your script is
remotely robust, in fact as it seems likely from your other post that you're
using dreamweaver then experience has shown it's not at all robust.

Jim.