Re: Custom DTD for case-insensitive ID values ?

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 18:03:37 -0000
To: www-validator@w3.org

"Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch> wrote in message
> Just out of interest, what UAs are you targetting that actually need the
> use of the "language" attribute rather than the "type" attribute?

It is possible with Internet Explorer 3.2, if faced with a content inserting
proxy, which inserted
<script language="vbscript"> into the document before the OP's script
element, then without a language="javascript", IE would assume it to be

A rather unlikely combination of events IMO, never having a seen or even
heard of a proxy which did that, or many IE3.2 users with a proxy, I don't
think it's likely, and I don't expect you'd want many scripts being executed
in IE3.2 either as it would just hit your object detection and be rejected
being such a hobbled script engine.