Re: checklink: Command line usage

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 13:05, Ismail Mayat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Probably a stupid question, if using link checker via command line can you
> only check a directory structure or can you do spider a site in the same way
> that you spider via the web form,

Yes, you can do everything with the command line interface as with the
online one.  Or actually a bit more like masquerading, timeouts etc.

>   if you can do this does anyone have a
> syntax example i have tried using the help and running the following command
>
>  ./checklink.pl -l www.kudos-idd.com -h -r -D -1 -h

The --help message could be improved, yes (contributions welcome).  But
there are a couple of problems in the above command line:

1) You didn't specify anything that should be checked, so nothing was
:).  The checklink syntax is "checklink <options> <uris>", I guess
adding http://www.kudos-idd-com/ to the end of the above will do what
you want.

2) "-h" is listed twice, "-D -1" is redundant (implied by -r) and "-l
www.kudos-idd.com" may produce unexpected results.  "-l
http://www.kudos-idd.com/" would be correct, but it's the default anyway
if you're checking http://www.kudos-idd.com/

Maybe you're looking for this: