Re: checklink: false 404 error

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: 20 Jun 2003 15:14:03 +0300
To: "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 12:52, Ismail Mayat wrote:
> Ville,
> Thanks for the reply, I also get 403 something to do with .shtm includes and
> 406 cannot accept header again related to headers?  Is there any way round
> this other than modifying the target servers which we cannot do becuase they
> are external sites, namely modifications to the link checker script???

Without samples of the actual cases where these occur, I can only
guess...

The 406 replies are probably due to the Accept* headers checklink
sends.  Try disabling sending the Accept-Language header and see if it
helps (you can do this in the online version as well as command line).

If it doesn't and you want to modify the checklink.pl script, another
place could be to fiddle with the Accept header (see @content_types in
the BEGIN block and get_uri for where the header is actually sent).

HTH,
--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi