Re: 500 error - Web site can't be accessed by the validator

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:20:30 +0100 (BST)
To: <otakar@starjak.com>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Jake Montana wrote:

> I have been able to validate pages on
> http://www.neha.org just fine until about a week ago.
> Suddenly, all I get on any page I try is: 500 Can't
> connect to www.neha.org:80 (Bad hostname

Works fine now.  Either a temporary condition on the 'net, or something
silly like a typo when you tried it.  Or just possibly you have a broken
browser or proxy that's mangling your request.

> For your amusement, answer from valueweb support: If
> you are not able to validate your pages at
> http://validator.w3.org/, then you will want to do a
> search on line to find a web site that can validate
> your HTML coding.

There are two alternative validators linked directly from
validator.w3.org.  Site Valet or the WDG Validator will do the job.

--
Nick Kew

In urgent need of paying work - see http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html