Error messages regressed?

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 02:18:03 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

I just replied to someone on ciwah, who complained of the message

Line 12, column 3: document type does not allow element "H1" here;
missing one of "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON" start-tag
  <h1>Making Progress</h1>

This is the OpenSP error elementNotAllowed, and it appears to be jjc's
original error messages.  I would presume this is down to using OpenSP
out of the box, without Liam's or my customisations of the messages
for validation.

Can I suggest plugging in either Liam's ParserMessages from lq-nsgmls
or ( IMO  better[1] :-) mine from Valet.

[1] Liam's have too many references to HTML, which are not so good when
validating non-HTML documents.  Mine are based on Liam's, but reword
things like that.

--
Nick Kew