Re: validator error explanation

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: 06 Jan 2003 22:32:25 +0200
To: Kristi Adams <adamskr@musc.edu>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 20:49, Kristi Adams wrote:
> I've been using the http://validator.w3.org/ validator on a specific
> site, and checking each page individually, using XHTML 1.0 transitional.
>
> One example is this page:
> http://people.musc.edu/~adamskr/chcr/links.html
[...]
> I've made the "onload,onmouseout,onmouseover" all lower case, and it
> still doesn't validate.

That particular document does *not* have all these attributes in
lowercase, it has "onLoad", "onMouseOver", "onMouseOut".

I downloaded the doc, made all these lowercase and tried using
validator's upload feture and the page validates just fine for me.

In fact, it's pretty close to being XHTML 1.0 Strict after the change,
just a couple of very small changes required; why not go for it instead
of Transitional?

HTH,
--
\/ille Skyttä