Re: Strange behaviour in MarkUp Validation Service

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:02:47 +0900
To: Shigeto Wada <silverboxer@mac.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

Hello Shigeto,

Sorry for the late reply.

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003, Shigeto Wada wrote:

> >- try http://validator.w3.org:8001/ (beta instance of the validator)
> >  and tell us if the same problem arises?
>
> I tested in the same way, and Yes, it gave me the following error.
[snip]
> But again, it was not be able to be validated as Valid XHTML, when I
> put a Japanese name.

This is strange. I tested both files you sent me (test.html and
ใƒ†ใ‚นใƒˆ.html) by uploading them to the validator and the validator
replied with consistent (valid) result. I could not reproduce the
strange behaviour you have been experiencing.

My guess is that my browser and yours (I tested with Safari on a Mac
OS10.3, what are you using?) are behaving differently, but where exactly
the difference may be is quite fuzzy... And not easy to debug since I am
not able to reproduce the problem.

Maybe others on the list may have an idea?

Thanks,
--
olivier