Re: validator suggestion

From: Struan Donald <w3-validator@exo.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 15:38:25 +0000
To: Don Russell <drussel2@san.rr.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

* at 30/11 22:42 -0800 Don Russell said:

> A very simple, yet useful enhancement to the validator is the addition
> of some meta tags to make the results more useful for automated
> validation.

Or you could use the XML interface which is probably a lot better
suited to this.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://w3c.org/;output=xml

and if you submit a HEAD request then you can just pick out the
X-W3C-Validator-Status HTTP header.

Heck, if you're using Perl and feeling really lazy then:

http://search.cpan.org/~struan/WebService-Validator-HTML-W3C-0.01/

will do most of it for you. (obDisclaimer: I wrote it ;)

OK, so you'll need to construct the code to produce the link but
that's a simple matter of programming ;)

cheers

Struan