Re: Beta: Fatal Error: No DOCTYPE specified!

>>>[...] I don't see a good reason to ignore XHTML 1.0's "Use both the
>>>lang and xml:lang attributes when specifying the language of an
>>>element" and thereby advertising "incompatible" markup.
>>
>>Hmmm. Do me a favour and play devil's advocate for a moment. What are
>>the _downsides_ to including both?
>
>Downsides of redundancy? Well, waste of octets? If you care about that,
>you could send the "Content-Language" HTTP header but there is an actual
>downside that it is unspecified, whether XML documents inherit the
>language from the HTTP header or not.

I have a bit too much on my mind to cope with keeping this concept
completely in my mind (it's a murky and cluttered place ;D). I have this
vague feeling that I didn't want to put "lang" in there because it might be
confusing and encourage the use of a deprecated attribute. Can you think of
any rational objections such as that against including it?

Otherwise I'll update the example to include it later today.

(
  IOW, you've sold me on the change and now I'm asking you to come up
  with arguments to dissuade me from doing what you want me to do.
  Ain't I a stinker? :-)
)

--
My mom is a professional botanist, or, as her spousal equivalent described
it, they'll be out hiking in the woods, she'll see a plant off by the side