Re: Beta: form mis-use

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:16:52 +0200
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
cc: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>

>I just hit the "Validate File..." button without entering something
>into the form and got back:
>
>Sorry, this type of URI (undefined) is not supported by this service.
>Please check that you entered the URI correctly. [...]
>
>If I enter something into the "Address" field and click "Validate
>File...", I get the same response, as well as when specifying a file and
>clicking "Validate URI...".

Ugh. Nicht gut. :-(

I think the current behaviour is a compromise between giving no or an
completely unrelated error message, and reimplementing this bit completely.

I'll have a look at what can be done here (Ville didn't you work on this
code recently? Can you help me out here?). Thanks for catching this!

(This is bug #23, BTW)

--
"I don't mind being thought of as a badguy,
 but it /really/ annoys me to be thought of