w3.org Validity (was: Beta: Fatal Error: No DOCTYPE specified!)

Le ven 25/10/2002 à 13:07, Jim Ley a écrit :
> Yes, most of them aren't Appendix C either for other more serious
> reasons, even if they do validate (which to be honest most of w3.org
> doesn't).

Err, where did you get that most of w3.org doesn't validate? It's quite
the contrary: using an approach like in [1], I can actually affirm that
at least 45% of our traffic is for valid web pages [this is only a
lowest bound: 20 invalid documents among our 476 top visited pages].

BTW, any non valid pages (be it DTD-valid or MIME-type valid [e.g.
appendix C of xhtml1] is considered to be a bug on our web site and
should be reported to the Webmaster [2].

Dom

1. http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/09/Step-by-step
2. http://www.w3.org/Help/Webmaster
W3C/INRIA