Re: [beta] suggestions

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:38:07 -0400
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>, W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>

At 19:27 +0200 2002-10-24, Terje Bless wrote:
>  >* Title "HTML validation Service" move it to "W3C Markup Validation
>  >Service"
>
>Fixed for all instances I could find.

Thanks

>  >* Fatal Error: No Doctype specified!
>  >http://validator.w3.org:8001/check?uri=http://www.google.com/ The
>>example which is given does not contain encoding information, but if you
>>try to validate a document without encoding information, the validator
>>will say that it's not correct.
>
>The example shows a HTML snippet; encoding information should be in the
>HTTP headers. IOW the two are not related (and I seriously don't want to
>encourage the use of <meta> for no good reason).

Yep ok :)
or adding the xml declaration at the top with the encoding. But not
mandatory as well.

We may need have a more detailed message in case of the lack of
character encoding. I will think about it :)

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---