Re: Weird file name side effect in validating.

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 23:22:45 +0100
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
cc: Keith Hopper <kh@waikato.ac.nz>

Keith Hopper <kh@waikato.ac.nz> wrote:

>The attached tiny file validates as xml (which was expected).  If,
>however, the same file is accidentally renamed as ch2-ex1.html then it
>does not validate corresctly.  This is, to my way of thinking,
>ridiculous. Validtion should be the same irrespective of the file name!

This is most likely due to the Content-Type changing besed on the filename
extension. This is a function of your browser (for file upload) or your
server (for published documents). One is probably sent as a SGML MIME type
and the other as an XML MIME type.

--
> I suggest you attend some sort of anger management class....
That's where you learn to upset the PHBs? -- Peter da Silva