Validator support for MathML embedded in XHTML

From: Michael Bowen <fizzbowen@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:11:45 -0800
To: www-validator@w3.org
Now that Design Science (www.dessci.com) has a working beta of Mathplayer
(free download for Windows/IE, at least), I am wondering if anyone has
managed to validate documents containing MathML constructions (equations)
embedded in XHTML. I've seen (from earlier threads) that it's sort of
possible to validate pure MathML; I am hoping to go a step farther.

If this is possible, could someone please post the correct tweaks for the
DOCTYPE/FPI/namespace designations? I've tried using the "XHTML 1.1 plus
MathML 2.0" DTD but no luck. Also how can one keep the validator from
choking on the xmlns:m attributes in the <html> and <body> elements?

If it's not possible, that's OK too; I just thought I'd ask in case (1) it
was supported, and (2) if it is, someone has figured out how to do it.

Thanks, --MB