Re: Validating a html page NOT interactively

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:49:43 +0900
To: Thierry Vieville <Thierry.Vieville@sophia.inria.fr>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org, Eric BOLORE <Eric.Bolore@sophia.inria.fr>

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002, Thierry Vieville wrote:
>  We will NOT be able to interactively validate all pages

> but need a local tool for that. Is there any solution :
> 	(ii) acceding the service in ``batch'' mode so that it will provide a status,

The WDG validator [1] allows validation in batch mode.
W3C QA is also preparing (still beta) a tool [2] that may help (it finds
the invalid documents you should fix in priority).

[1] http://www.htmlhelp.org/tools/validator/
[2] http://www.w3.org/QA/Tools/LogValidator/

>  [my best idea is to create a small java program which call
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri= and parse its output but this is a bit heavy
> insn't ?]

You could also install the W3C HTML validator locally if you're
concerned about this:
http://validator.w3.org/source/

--
Olivier Thereaux - W3C