Validating a html page NOT interactively

From: Thierry Vieville <Thierry.Vieville@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:45:54 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
CC: Eric BOLORE <Eric.Bolore@sophia.inria.fr>

 We generate our html site from a set xml/xsl page couples.

 We will NOT be able to interactively validate all pages e.g. via

but need a local tool for that. Is there any solution :

	(i) downloading a freeware tool
	(ii) acceding the service in ``batch'' mode so that it will provide a status,

 [my best idea is to create a small java program which call
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri= and parse its output but this is a bit heavy
insn't ?]

Thanks in advance

	Thierry (not in the email list please reply to my email address)

|____http://www.inria.fr/Thierry.Vieville ____.oooO__Oooo._|