Re: Validator logo for module-based XHTML?

Terje Bless <link@pobox.com> wrote:

> Peter Sheerin <pete@petesguide.com> wrote:
>
> >Should there be a generic icon to indicate that a page has passed
> >validation, with a label something like "Valid Module-Based XHTML"? Or
> >would that simply encourage bastardization of the language, or imply
> >that the w3c is giving some form of approval to a custom DTD that it
> >didn't write?
>
> Well, it's your DTD; /you/ provide an image for it! :-)

> As for whether XHTML m12n applications should have their own generic icon,
> I think that's up to the XHTML m12n WG and I'm not entirely certain that we
> could detect it's use in the Validator (at least not without resorting to
> hacks such as triggering from the appearance of "XHTML" in the FPI).

The W3C HTML Working Group just discussed the issue during its
face-to-face meeting, and declined Peter's request.  It would be
too much work for the validator to check XHTML Host Language
document type conformance.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org