Re: Validator logo for module-based XHTML?

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:52:44 +0100
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
cc: Peter Sheerin <pete@petesguide.com>
Peter Sheerin <pete@petesguide.com> wrote:

>Should there be a generic icon to indicate that a page has passed
>validation, with a label something like "Valid Module-Based XHTML"? Or
>would that simply encourage bastardization of the language, or imply
>that the w3c is giving some form of approval to a custom DTD that it
>didn't write?

Well, it's your DTD; /you/ provide an image for it! :-)

As for whether XHTML m12n applications should have their own generic icon,
I think that's up to the XHTML m12n WG and I'm not entirely certain that we
could detect it's use in the Validator (at least not without resorting to
hacks such as triggering from the appearance of "XHTML" in the FPI).

Mimasa?