Re: no-show in IE5.1

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 00:19:31 +0100 (BST)
To: "Timothy J. Luoma" <luomat@peak.org>
cc: <css-discuss@westciv.com>, <jam.macdonald@sympatico.ca>, <www-validator@w3.org>, <gerald@w3.org>

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Timothy J. Luoma wrote:

> I think you've found a bug/limitation to the W3 XML validator
> (perhaps this is part of what they mean at the bottom of the validation page when they say:
> "This validator is based on SP, which has some limitations in its support for XML.")

No, that's not a limitation in the validator.

If your fix is right (and it probably is), then what you have demonstrated
is a limitation in browser support for XML.  The validator is correct
in telling you that both constructs are valid xhtml.

--
Nick Kew

Available for contract work - Programming, Unix, Networking, Markup, etc.