Re: no-show in IE5.1

From: Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@optimalco.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:59:19 -0700
To: "Timothy J. Luoma" <luomat@peak.org>
Cc: css-discuss@westciv.com, jam.macdonald@sympatico.ca, www-validator@w3.org
scripsit Timothy J. Luoma:
> I think you've found a bug/limitation to the W3 XML validator (perhaps
> this is part of what they mean at the bottom of the validation page
> when they say: "This validator is based on SP, which has some
> limitations in its support for XML.")

The code on the page isn't valid.  Line 12:

    <script type="text/javascript" src="styleswitcher.js" /></script>

The <script> element is closed twice.

How does this reveal a limitation in the Validator?

Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology
Graduate Student, Department of History
Arizona State University
Tempe, Arizona, U.S.A.

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul