Re: [ANNOUNCE: gmuck] (Was: Re: Validator output and standards conformance)

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 02:58, Nick Kew wrote:

> > I've released gmuck, the Generated MarkUp ChecKer last week.  gmuck

> First comment: looks like an interesting project, and one that's been
> (low) on my wishlist for *years*!  Thank you.

Thanks, nice to hear that people find the stuff useful.

> Second comment: As a pedant and a perfectionist, I am uneasy at the
> hardwired lists of elements and attributes, with no reference I can see
> (at a first glance - so ICBW) to a DTD.  That's not to detract from what
> you have done, of course, and I suspect it would be rather hard to do
> better at the particular problem you've set yourself.

Yes, I realize that this is a problem right now.  But how would you like
the references to DTD's done?  Some commentary in the source code at
least (maybe with a bit of refactoring), and I was planning to write a
small blurb about used standards in the man page as well as have an
option to print out web links that are related to the errors detected.

This discussion is somewhat off-topic here, so I recommend that people
would use the gmuck forums or the mailing list, see
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gmuck/ for details.

--
Ville Skyttä
ville.skytta@iki.fi