Re: charset parameter

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 23:46:53 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org
On 24.07.01 at 17:28, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:

>   The (X)HTML files miss a charset parameter in the Content-Type HTTP
>header.

Thanks Björn! We've been a little lax in keeping the web pages updated
lately, and this is one of the effects of that. Thanks for the catch!

>Since user agents must not assume any default encoding

Wasn't this issue still up in the air last time I checked? Since HTTP/1.1
has a default, XHTML can wave it's hands all it likes and it won't change a
thing. (not that I think it's a good idea, mind you).

>Additionally the checklink.pl scripts needs one, too.

Charset on output? Hugo?