"test licence" before using the validator

From: Sofia Lauffs <sofia_lauffs@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:05:59 -0000
To: www-validator@w3.org
a joke, yes. But maybe there could be just a little sentence written to warn
users about that sometimes perfectly accurate code will appear slightly
untidy in the validator if there is other code mixed into it.

I am sure you have all at one point or another come across the sort of
client I have right now who is HTML iliterate but has heard about the
validator and uses it and thinks he's an authority now...