Re: that nifty little XHTML1.0 check image

From: <JAMESICUS@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:05:12 EST
To: www-validator@w3.org
CC: chajadan@starroute.com
In a message dated 2/15/01 9:29:32 AM US Mountain Standard Time, Charlie
wrote:

>  I'd like a validation confirm image--problem is--I don't feel I CAN change
>  some of the things it calls errors!

My goodness there are a lot of errors, Charlie. And they are indeed errors!
Fortunately they can easily be corrected by substituting W3C standards
complying HTML tags and constructs -- and I am sure you do want that.

>  graphic saying as much--but don't feel right just putting one--without the
>  "go ahead" from a "higher" source.

You cannot ethically do that -- your pages must reflect that very satisfying
"Congratulations -- no errors found!" message after you run them through the
Validator in order to display that icon.

There are so many benefits to be derived from making your pages standards
compliant -- I have highlighted some on the web pages of my reference site
(below).

James Pickering
Tucson, Arizona

Tools and Information for web pages Authors:
http://www.brazilcacticult.org/wf.htm